Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Level 1...

I passed my Level 1 PSIA instructor exam.... yeah!!! what a great season this has been on so many levels. I went with 4 others from the class that we took and skied in every Tuesday night for the last 10 weeks. There were 10 people in the exam, and the four from our mountain, shined. It felt good. We knew our stuff, and skied well. I know my skiing improved tremendously this winter.

from the lodge at Mohawk Mountain

The two days of skiing were brilliantly sunny, although not warm at all. The ski area has definitely felt the effect of the rain and warmth lately, as you can see. I hadn't skied there before, but they had many trails that were long, smooth and good for working on skills with students.

The weather has turned warmer lately and rainy too. ugh. not good. The programs have all ended and I have chosen to make this the end of my ski season this year, thereby ending it on a really high note! Can't wait to start again next year. But this is good for my ADD and my need to switch to something else. Henna will be ramping up soon, and I may take another short term job in between.

2 comments:

Jelly said...

Congratulations, Lindsey! That's a great way to wrap up the ski season. I hope you're all doing well. I haven't heard from you in awhile, but I know you've been so busy! How are the renovations coming along? Are they all done?
Happy Easter!

lindsey starr said...

thanks!! I've been so busy skiing, haven't been in the blogging world so much, or even posting my own.

The addition is mostly done, just trim work left. We are moved in, and I love it. The bathroom is unrivaled and we are all cleaner than ever, since it is a fabulous experience to bathe in the new shower/ tub! Will post photos soon.

Hope your easter is good. Will hop on over to your blog and read to see what you have been up to.
PS Like your new photo on your profile :)