Friday, May 16, 2008

before and after


I am amazed, impressed, and happy. To look now at the before photo of my feet and what they were for so long, it is strange, and gross! I am so happy that I had the bunion surgery. I am 6 weeks from the first surgery, and three weeks from the second. My first foot is doing great, and the second one is getting there- still tender and not really flexing, but slowly but surely it is coming along.
I am looking forward to wearing some nice shoes, without having to compensate for ugly bunions- nice sandals, and more. I will be getting my ski boots tweaked alot to fix them for the new shape of my foot. Skiing should be alot less painful next winter. Yeah!!
I am certainly happy that I didn't get swayed by all of the horror stories of bunion surgeries! Great surgeons exist, and my physical therapist is really wonderful too. How nice to have a good base to stand on.

2 comments:

soherewearejv said...

Hi Lindsey:
I will be going for bunion surgery on Sept 10. What kind of bunionectomy did you have? Got any advice for me?
Your feet look amazing now. WOW Congratulations!!!

lindsey starr said...

I had a chevron bunionectomy.

My advice is to really work on all the exercises they give you in physical therapy afterwards! I didn't do it so much with my second, and now don't have the same range of motion as I do in the other foot.

Hope yours turn out wonderfully!