Saturday, November 08, 2008

herding sheep


I had the opportunity to go watch some sheep herding the other day. I jumped at it! I had never been, and thought it sounded fun. Trish has an Australian Sheep Dog that is about 2 years old. The breeder lives nearby and has a beautiful (and huge) farm with many sheep, fabulous horses, etc. So, the other day after my riding lesson, Trish and I went to the farm, and I watched her practice with her dog to herd the sheep.....


By the time we left, the sun was going down and the sky was glowing behind the trees. It was wonderful fiery fall colors, that the camera did not even come close to doing justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Loved this shot of the sheep! What a treat it must have been to be at the farm and experience sheep herding. I brought Hatteras to a place for sheep herding once (will have to explain that when I see you). Beautiful shot of the field and glowing trees.