Monday, February 20, 2006

knitting now.....

this is the poncho I was knitting for my friend Stef-
it was huge!! it is knit from the top down, and just goes around and around, so if it weren't for some color changes with the funky yarn she chose, I would have been bored to tears, especially at the end when it got to be more than 700 stitches in each round! yikes!
but.... it got me inspired to knit again, so now I need to do more.

I bought some great yarn at the local knitting shop and need to make something comfy with it. I had bought the wool to knit some "cuffs" but decided that I liked it too much for just little cuffs, and needed a whole sweater out of it.
here is the yarn- beautiful soft "renaissance" by classic Elite yarns. I chose a pattern from the new Interweave Press. It is a turtleneck that I need to amend a bit to make it be what I really want. Psyched to start it but still have another project that I should finish first. we'll see.

No comments: