Thursday, January 25, 2007

too busy

been too busy skiing (yeah!!!) to blog..
I am loving it, and will post soon, as I feel I have much to blog about.
but suffice it to say, I was at the slopes today for 5 1/2 hours with the boys and we all came home tired and happy.....
we have had much cold weather, so the skiing has been great (although still no snow on the ground anywhere except there).
we have been skiing pretty much 4ish days a week, and it's been wonderful.
more soon.

oh, and here is a short clip of emmett on Monday. I was skiing with him while Eli had his lesson. Keep in mind, I was skiing alongside emmett, my hand was wicked cold holding the camera, I was using periforal vision to not crash into anyone else, and emmett wanted to 'bomb' down! (and he just learned to ski less than a month ago!!)


okay, then after I packed the camera into my pocket (usually I put it in the interior pocket, but I quickly jammed it into my regular coat pocket), we got onto the chairlift. We were almost at the top, when we heard something fall into the trees below. Ughhh. it was my camera. damn. it was dark out too. and Eli was just about done with his lesson. Sooooo I had to ski down with emmett to the bottom, get Eli from his lesson... left emmett (cold tired and crabby) with the lesson director who is so nice.... Eli and I went back up to meet someone who was supposed to be coming from Guest Services with a flashlight. We got there, and I popped off my skis, hiked up and met two guys hunting. they found it, and all was well!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video!! That looks like he's going pretty fast too. Good job, multi-tasking! Haha!

And people say *I'm* crazy!

btw - I love the boys' names. I almost named Harris Eli back when he was a wee pup! It was close!

Stacie

lindsey starr said...

he was going really fast, although I thought it didn't look like it in that video.

and Stacie.... you are the queen of multi-tasking with your videos- like the skijoring one with five dogs in the lead!

thanks about the boys' names.... kinda glad one of your pups isn't Eli though. I think Harris fits him better anyway.

Thought of you, in the Yukon, with the temp here being -12° C this morning!
~Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

This was an awesome video. Very brave of you, and lucky about saving your camera.

I also love the pictures of the sky you have a few entries ago. Very beautiful. I noticed your camera in your bag last night at B&N - I guess you take it everywhere and that is how you get the good shots.

I also looked at the sweater you were talking about. It is beautiful. I hope Emmett enjoys wearing it now. By the way, you mention in that entry a sweater with a skein from a different dye lot - was that the same sweater as last night?

Amy