Monday, October 01, 2007

tibet festival

Eli and I went to a Tibet Festival that was intriguingly different and a huge sensory treat. There was music and a ton of vendors with so many things that Eli and I needed to explore, either visually or otherwise. There was jewelry, scarves, singing bowls, prayer wheels, intricately inlaid shells & boxes, mala beads, and so much more. We browsed a ton, and bought just a little.
I bought a scarf that was beautiful, and two silver pieces that are so pretty around my neck. One is a silver medallion of the buddhist mantra. I like it in many ways, on many levels.


Eli trying a singing bowl. (this one was beautiful, but could not justify spending a hundred dollars on a singing bowl.)
Eli wanted me to try this on:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there with you and Eli! Looks wonderful. I am very drawn to the Tibetan culture (and would love to go there someday!)Have enjoyed seeing you wear yuor necklace!