Sunday, March 19, 2006

stinkin' cold

spring is not in the air. It's cold. we had a fire going in the fireplace all day yesterday, which was nice, but.....
I am so ready for some sunshine and warmth, even though I love winter and cold. I think I really just need the quick fix of a week in somewhere sunny and warm, and then I can get back to enjoying the cold here. The other day I was supposed to take emmett to swim at the pool with his friend. I was dreading going out in the cold and the thought of disrobing, even in a heated environment. I sucked it up, and went, as I knew it was good for emmett to get him going with swimming, since he was psyched to go with his best friend. We got there, got in, and ..... it was great! we got into the hot tub afterwards too. loved it. it warmed me to the core. I even thoroughly enjoyed seeing the flurries as we drove home!
next year I need to make sure to figure out a way to get a week in the warm sun in February or March.

No comments: