Saturday, December 30, 2006

happy faces...

there have been some great smiling happy faces around here! cold outside on the slopes (although not too cold really), but warming with these smiles....






Getting back to skiing has been good for me and the boys. I am so comfortable on skis. It is so second nature to me to have such things strapped to my feet, and heading down a snowy slope. A very freeing feeling to be so capable, and have no fear to just head down a snowy trail, with the wind in my face, and the powder under my skis, being able to just turn, swoosh, and have control, and really pay attention to what different parts of my body are doing in order to keep the control within the limits of feeling free.
So glad my kids are able to do this too, and enjoy learning how, and being out in this snowy heaven, with such fabulous scenery. Odd too, in a sense, as these trails are the ones I learned on, and spent so many hours on with friends and siblings. I never would have imagined that I would be on these very same trails with my own children.
I do hope to be able to get to some other ski areas at some point with them, but to ski on these trails which I know so well that I could probably go down them with my eyes closed.... it is an odd sense of being 'home'. It feels good.

No comments: