Sunday, December 10, 2006

luxurious knitting

the body of the rollneck
(the color is richer than is shown here)


A friend of mine wants me to make a beautiful sweater for her.... out of alpaca. It is heavenly to knit with, just soooo soft! I am making her a rollneck sweater out of a bulky weight yarn, using a bit of a different pattern than most rollnecks. This one is an elite pattern* and is made similar to the icelandics, where you knit in the round, one big tube for the body, two smaller ones for the sleeves, join them together at the armpit, and knit the yoke up from there. It is so easy that way! Hardly any seams, just under the armpits.

She has chosen a really rich aubergine color. I took a break and indulged in a skein of heather green for some mittens for myself. I think the colors are kind of cool together.

this shows the richness of each of the colors


It feels good to knit again. Something busy with my hands, producing something beautiful that can be enjoyed by the recipient.... 'tis the season for that anyway!

* Vis-a Vis Pullover by Kristin Nicholas

No comments: