Saturday, April 21, 2007

heavenly

Put me near some horses and I am in heaven. I appreciate each time I have the opportunity..... which I had today. yeah!!


It was a heavenly beautiful day!!
My boys are away(Adam took them to visit his mom in DC for a few days), and I have had the luxury of no obligations, and taking my time doing things I don't usually have the chance to do.

Thursday I went with a friend to IKEA. We stayed so long I was even getting tired! about 3 hours, including a 45 minute lunch there. I got a bunch of things, and then we had to drive home and assemble some of what I got. It was so good having another person with me, doing all of these things too. So much fun.

Today- I had the opportunity to drive down to visit a new friend from my business class. She has a barn and 5 horses. The property is 26 acres and backs up to a wildlife preserve with miles of trails. I arrived there at 10am- it was a 50 minute drive- if it were closer I think I would be there every day!

We pulled 2 horses out of the paddock, groomed, then rode for 2 hours. It was warm, and sunny, and so beautiful to be out. We stopped and had sandwiches by 1:30 (with chopped red peppers in the tuna, and avocado spread onto the rye bread- killer combo!). We sat on the porch in the sun for a bit, and enjoyed the surroundings in a wonderfully lazy way.


Then went out to the paddocks, and brought in the two little black ponies. We groomed them, then tacked them up for driving together. They haven't really got the hang of being driven together, so they needed work. We took them next door, as the neighbors have the driving reins that we needed, and a round pen to work them. I finally dragged myself away from there at almost 6pm! what a fabulous way to spend the first really beautiful day of the spring.

No comments: