Tuesday, April 03, 2007

henna all day

A 2 hour drive up to Providence on Saturday morning started my day. It was a stunningly beautiful sunny day to drive, and I was in really good spirits.

Heather hosted the gathering at her apartment, and she is a fantastic henna artist! I was in awe of what she creates. Check out Heather's site, and also see more photos of all of us doing henna and our day there!


the henna on Heather's arm (above) is my work....


There were only 4 of us, and so it was nice and small. We had great indian food for lunch, and just talked and hennaed the day away.
We rolled cones (which I am getting better at doing now) and I found I liked them a bit better in some ways than the j-bottles I use. Much easier to squeeze the henna out, so far less tiring on the hands, and also you can get finer lines. But I am finding it still hard to get good control as your fingers are farther away from the tip. practice....... But there were some differences. The ones I had used were thinner cello wrap. One woman brought some much heavier stuff, and I liked using that in smaller cones. I will have to hunt some of that down.

I didn't leave until about 10:30pm, and got home at almost 1 am. so for a day that started at 5:30am- I was exhausted! It was all I could do to wrap my hennaed hands and climb into bed.

Emmett's face when he helped me unwrap in the morning was so great. Heather had applied glitter to accent my henna, and it stayed intact overnight since I had wrapped it. When emmett unwrapped my hand and he saw it... his jaw literally dropped, then quickly turned into a amazed and smiling expression of awe. He couldn't believe it! he loved it and asked me all about it. It did look so cool. I even showered with a bag over my hand to keep it long enough to show off to friends.

2 comments:

Jelly said...

Lindsey - that's GORGEOUS!

lindsey starr said...

Hi Jen-
Thanks!! I should be really good at it by the time you come home for a visit, and I'll come see you and do some henna for you! :)