Thursday, May 03, 2007

henna on my hair


henna on my hair
Originally uploaded by lindseystarr.


I colored my hair with henna a few weeks ago. I am done with having chemicals sit on my scalp for 30 minutes at a time. After having cancer 9 years ago, I don't feel like I want to have all the chemicals seeping into my skin that way.
So, since I do plenty of henna now, I figured it was worth a try. My natural haircolor is a brown with lots of red in it. I read tons on the hennapage about it, and gave it a shot. I mixed up a batch of henna with indigo mixed in, globbed it on my head, left it for a few hours, and then spent ages rinsing it out. It immediately looked so much better. It is so healthy and shiny now too. A bit more reddish than I thought, but I kind of like it. No greys either! :)

3 comments:

laura k said...

Wow, it's beautiful! The henna tats on the arms a few post back are gorgeous, too.

I recently started colouring my hair more, added highlights and more processing. For me, after a lifetime of not pampering myself or allowing myself to do frivolous things, it's a treat. But it's probably not healthy. Hmm.

lindsey starr said...

Thanks Laura! I never did much self indulgant pampering either, but I am doing it now a bit in other forms though. Would love to do highlights, but I'm just not willing to do chemicals anymore. So my treats are other things that are self indulgent, and equally pampering...

just noticed you wrote colouring your hair :)
canadian girl... :)

Jelly said...

Pretty!