Tuesday, May 15, 2007

sunny riding


Went riding yesterday with my friend Olivia. It was sunny and beautiful. We rode on a trail over to a huge pasture and worked the horses there.

I was riding a 4 y.o. horse named Choctaw. He is good, but falls on his forehand alot. It has been so long since I have really ridden though, on a consistent basis. Frustrating. I felt like I was able to settle in a bit after 20 minutes of riding, to where I could start to pay attention to my position, and what exactly I should be doing to get the horse to do what I wanted him to do. I did get some nice transitions out of him, and it was just a really nice afternoon ride.

Now, if only she lived about 1/2 hour closer to me...... Damn. I'd ride every day. She has 3 horses she needs worked, and I need to ride! We are a good combo. It would be fabulous if she didn't live an hour away. but at least I get to go every now and then, and it is heaven for my head!

No comments: