Thursday, May 10, 2007

summer already!


It has been hot all of a sudden! Emmett has been dying to use his kickboard and go to the lake, despite me telling him that the water is still so cold. But... since it was about 85° yesterday, we went down the road to our little beach*.
He waded in with his Spongebob kickboard in tow, and kept pleading, "c'mon Mommy, come in the water. it's nice." So I waded in a few inches next to him, but.... damn! It was cold! I didn't venture past my ankles, but Emmett was persistant, and was soon in up to his knees. He told me it was not so cold when you stood in it for a few minutes.
Then he eagerly lay down on his kickboard. The water flooded around his little body, and the chill hit him quickly. He stood back up, and announced, "it's kind of cold. I think it will be better tomorrow." and that was that.

He then got busy digging and creating a sand castle. He was loving being at the edge of the water and digging in the sand.


*this is 75% of our little beach:

No comments: