Monday, November 06, 2006

I miss.....

the barn at HillStead

I miss this barn. We used to live on a fabulous property..... 150 acres, a little pond, a fabulous museum, trails to walk & snowshoe (and when I was younger I rode my horse there too), deer and wild turkey seen frequently.... beauty all around. We lived there for 8 years, during which I found out that one of my great great uncles was the one who had sold the property to Theodate, who turned it into a fantastic place where her parents lived, and eventually she did too. We rented the "shepherd's cottage" down in the farm complex which consisted of our house, another house, two barns and a small kennel/ turned one room cottage.

It was a heavenly place to live, despite some challenges, but overall it was a place we were lucky to enjoy for 8 years. I miss looking out my 2nd floor kitchen windows in the late afternoon, watching the sun going down over the fields, and sometimes seeing the deer coming to graze. I have no kitchen windows now, and rarely see the sun going down. We have lived in this house for almost 8 years... time to move.

I miss all of that terribly. I need to move to a place I can breathe more. I crave it.

No comments: