Saturday, November 18, 2006

little gems

I love pomegranates. Eli and I share them when I get them each year. He and I are the only ones in the house who like them. I bought one the other day, and Eli saw it on the counter last night. His eyes got large, and he said "oh, I love those!". I told him we should wait until the morning. So when he came downstairs this morning, we indulged in these little glistening gems.........

I know there are supposed to be great "easy" ways to get the seeds out. I have tried all of the methods, which I don't think are any easier than the "gentle coaxing" way. I enjoy picking them all free, gently breaking parts open and loosening them just enough to have them fall free onto the plate.
Eli and I had so much fun letting them escape from their bound in jails, and I loved listening to his comments.. "they look like crystals...", "look, these are like the bones of the pomegranate..." and even how he observed all of the juices running free across the plate, and how it was staining our hands....
.... then Eli scooped some into a little bowl and took off- happily munching them. I took photos of them as I love how they look! then I ate some before posting this!

No comments: