Saturday, February 17, 2007

Eli is ten!?


how did that happen? time seems to go so fast and yet so slow at the same time. He is so grown up, and so young at the same time. So wonderfully smart and sensitive and funny, and intriguing and infuriating and fun to be with. all rolled into one. How can a parent love their child so much?
I feel like I know him so well, yet he is growing older and I do seem to know less now than I used to. But I still love lying down with him at night, as he lets me into his world by talking with me in the darkness. It is then that I am told and questioned about so much. We both love that time together. Somehow it is a safe time to talk.... with no distractions from anything or anyone else. just us. I love my ten year old. immensely.

1 comment:

Jelly said...

Mmmmm cake! I hope your son had a great B-day!I was happy to hear that he's in a new school and I really hope that he's enjoying it a lot more than the old one.