Saturday, February 10, 2007

little, cold and skiing


My mom brought this photo of me last night. I was about 1 1/2. Eli thought the skis looked dumb. I thought I looked kind of cute and cold. I wasn't terribly 'styling'. Not that I am now, but at least now I am aquiring all of the trappings I need to keep me ultra warm. I have found that as I have gotten older, I am less tolerant of being cold. I absolutely love being out in the cold weather- it makes me feel alive and invigorated. Breathing in a real sense of life. But I don't like to be cold.

I now have very cool mittens that keep me warm, along with some good layers of high tech stuff underneath everything to keep my core warm too. I do need to use the toe warmers
to keep my feet toasty (after getting frostbite 20 years ago in western Canada, now they are so suceptible). At some point I would love to invest in Hotronics, as everyone seems to swear by them for keeping feet warm. But right now, I have spent enough, and the toe warmers are only $1 each time I go. I do ski with a helmet now too.... head warm, and safe.

So, yes, I am totally warm, and comfy in the cold weather, and while skiing. Stylin'? getting there I think :)

No comments: