Tuesday, August 08, 2006

creativity unblocked



Somehow I am totally not creative when it comes to creating a painting or something similar. I was in an AP art class in high school. I was considered very talented.... not by me, but by others. I won a scholastic art award in 8th grade.
I do think that I am talented with a camera and how I see things. But painting and drawing.... uh, no.
BUT... I seem to be free when it comes to painting on rocks and shells. I somehow am not confined in my head by anything preconceived. I don't feel I will be judged, or that my perfectionistic side will flare up.... it's just a rock. And somehow I am more free to be creative. A few years ago, I bought paints, acrylics, to paint on the plethora of rocks we find when we are in Vinalhaven. Activities like that are great when we are there and whiling away the days. I am peaceful. Maybe I am also just more free when we are there too. But I think it is partly the medium and the form of expression.

I have fun just exploring........

No comments: