Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hockey mom... again

I am now officially back to being a hockey mom for another season.... (this is our fifth, and he is only 9!)

It has been a season of lugging a hockey bag around, but that has now changed as Eli now has a new bigger bag (needed, as his stuff is getting bigger, as is he!) and the new bag has WHEELS.... yeah!!!hockey aftermath...


So last night, Eli wheeled his own bag into the rink. and carried his stick too. Progress. Now if he could only get all of his own gear on... someday..... for now we will just focus on his skating.
Emmett is happy to hang out in the stands and plays with other little siblings. The highlight for him is to watch the Zamboni at the end though.
This season, I will be knitting in the stands though. I have one sweater that I am dying to finish, that I started last spring. One that is for myself, finally! I also have been commissioned to knit a few rollneck sweaters out of beautiful cashmere.... will be a wonderful project! Can hardly wait to go pick out the yarn.

and luckily this winter, Emmett wants to learn to ski.... a child after my own heart.....
So, I guess I will be going to the ski slope nearby after school with Emm, then going to pick up Eli from his bus, then going to the rink after. maybe I can schedule them on alternate days so I am not drivng like a madwoman.

No comments: