Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jamboree

Last night we went to the Fireman's Jamboree in little old Collinsville.
Two nights ago, I took Eli with his best friend Ian- and they had soooo much fun! (Adam stayed home with Emmett).




We have gone every year, but have never taken emmett before. So, this, his first night, was magical for him. We started on the Pirate Ship which just simply swings back and forth.....

This was emmett's first ride ever. He was a bit nervous, but then here, in the fourth or fifth swing of this ride, he had obviously relaxed and was enjoying it. I, on the other hand, had never done this one, and had 'pooh-poohed' it as being boring. In the above photo, I was looking at Adam, and mouthing "holy smokes"! My stomach was lurching at each swing! okay, so not going to go on that one again!

But then we went on the "sizzler", which luckily emmett was tall enough for. Eli had fun as did emmett and I. It is a ride that I have always loved and it instantly transports me back to my youth, and the feeling I got from it back when I went on it every year at the Polo Grounds. It makes me happy somehow to just be whizzed around and around and laughing all the way with whomever is sitting next to me.

emmett was getting tired by about 9pm - he is usually asleep by 7!


entranced by the fireworks on Adam's shoulders.... they were beautiful....
(but my lame attempts to capture them bursting in the sky were not)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! i love your colours - that trader joe's stack is right on!! as for your banner i found a great tutorial at red current sometime ago. you can find it here. http://redcurrent.blogspot.com/2005/10/blogger-template-questions.html
please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions!