Sunday, June 04, 2006

For the blog of it

this blog thing is strange. I think about it alot. I find I am reading so many other blogs, and I get sucked in. There are so many that intrigue me, but then I just totally take a pass on others. I can get lost for hours reading blogs, and then following links in their sidebars to others. So many different topics: travel, parenting, knitting, creating, photography, horses, animals, politics, world happenings, and more!

The food blogs appeal to me, and I love seeing them, and the photos, which generally are exquisite. I find now that when I go into stores, I want to purchase things like wonderful little plates and things that I could use for photographing the food I make to have it look just right for uploading onto the blog.

I keep taking photos of everything... for the blog. But I am not finding the time or gumption to upload all of them and write all that I want to share about all of it. I am busy enjoying the things I am eating or experiencing instead. So I am torn. I have always been into sharing things and doing for others. It is who I am. It is what I enjoy about being me .... sharing. So I am in a quandry. And I also am torn about my blog too.

I love the food blogs and feel like I want to have a blog just for food, but then there are so many other things that I also want to put on it that are not food, and would make it not a food blog. So, do I create another blog and dedicate that one just to food, and keep this one for the ins and outs of me? Will have to ponder that a bit. I know that there are so many other aspects to me that I want to share. Sure, food is a big part, but all of the other parts scream at me for their fair share too.

But then, I want to be writing things in my blog and writing wonderfully, but find I am busy actually living my life too. Like yesterday. I was folding laundry, which oddly, I enjoy doing. I was thinking I should write a blog on how I deal with it, since it is quite an overwhelming, constant, thankless task, and how much I still enjoy it, and... well, my mind was swirling and I can't remember it all at the moment. But the point is, do I stop what I am doing and run to the keyboard to get it down? I think yes. and I think no.

I have been told so many times that I should write, and now, here, I have found an outlet. So for the time being I shall blog. I suppose I should keep blogging about just anything, even though I know I get sucked in by the ideas of food. It is something so pervasive in everyone's life, whether just for sustinance, or truly for enjoyment. It is one thing that intrigues me in so many ways, about so many people, and places, and I ponder it frequently. I love food and all that it involves, and all that there is out there. I love to explore, in so many ways. Being a sociology major in college led me to indulging in the study of people in many ways. As I am now out in my life, studying other people is still what intrigues me. Learning about how people live, in so many different ways, and how we all act and react to so many things. How it is different in other cultures, yet there are things that tie us all together as well. I am fascinated with so many aspects of so much. Food ties all of us together. Thus, I enjoy food.

But there is so much more, and I need to keep to being the wildflower in the wind that I am.... so perhaps for now I will blog what interests me. Yes, food blogs appeal to me, but so do ones with wonderful posts about everyday life in different places, and photography blogs, and journals of people who write well, and ones of people who write of their dailyness on the farm and rural places, and .... and more and more.....

and for now I need to also share things about how my kids fascinate me too, and how much I enjoy them- and get mad at them too. But overall I love them and they make me happy. As I sit here on a small couch in the morning light and write this, each of my boys just came in to greet me in their own way this morning. I love their smiles, and they make me smile. I love being mom. I just have found I need to really work hard on being Lindsey and rediscovering that too. And feel like I need to be able to stand on my own and be who I am.

I have been journaling for a long time. Blogging is different and new. Words want to gush out of me in the way that a stream runs.... sometimes in a trickle, and sometimes in a torrent, swelling, changing, and always different, but I have always loved playing in that water. So, here I will continue to play and see what will happen.

No comments: