Sunday, September 03, 2006

out of commission

yuck. I feel like crap. My muscles are so sore- don't know why. This came on all of a sudden. It also coincided with a (stupidly earned) injury to the ligaments in the back of my knee. So by that evening I was limping and it was even painful to walk up to the top of the stands at hockey the other night.

So that night I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. I was sore all night. My shoulders hurt, and more. Didn't sleep well. Felt like death would be a better choice. I had plans to go to lunch with a friend, which I did. She thought I was nuts 'cuz I was so cold and had on a sweater and polarfleece jacket- she had on one layer. My muscles hurt. It even hurt my arm to open her car door. When we got home, I went to bed- yes at 2:30 in the afternoon, and yes, with TWO comforters and a wool horse blanket on top of me! I was thankfully in my little cocoon. But there I stayed through the night.

Adam took care of the kids, and several times they all went out to do errands (hmmm.... my birthday is on Thursday- maybe they were shopping ). So that was incredibly helpful.

better today? not really, but a little. I got up around 11 and ate a little, (some awesome, totally organic chicken from my friend's farm) and took a shower. I stayed up and hung out a little with the kids, read some stuff online, and stupidly stayed up for quite a while. Lay down with each of the boys as they went to bed, and it hurt to get into bed and out of bed each time. So now I am back in my bed. Thank god for wireless internet and laptops!

My friends think I have Lyme disease. So I have hunted all sorts of stuff on the internet. I don't think it is what I have.
My muscles are so weak. One of the worst is in my lower arms, so I can't do things like turn a doorknob, open anything, squeeze anything, plug anything in, lift anything, etc. You wouldn't believe how much it affects! But.... for a change, Eli has been really helpful, and has helped with everything I ask, and hasn't balked or complained.

I hope it is just a flu, but I have never felt like this before. I hope it goes away soon.
On the bright side, all of this loafing has made my injury from the other day almost totally healed.... oooeee!

No comments: