Friday, October 27, 2006

stay the course

have you seen this?

Unbelievable. But I don't know if things will really change, no matter who is in office. Makes me want to flee this messed up country. Gotta download the application and work on gettin' outta Dodge......

This is what Laura from wmtc wrote in her post about this video clip:
You might think in this media age, where every sound bite can be captured and preserved, those in power wouldn't have the audacity to do this sort of thing. But these guys are always pushing the envelope, testing what they can get away with. So far they've gotten away with everything. I'm astonished that people still call them incompetent. If there's ever been a more efficient and skillfully disguised dictatorship, I'm not aware of it.

There oughta be a new word for Orwellian. Something that would out-Orwell even Eric Blair's most Orwellian nightmare.
I think she is spot on.


1 comment:

laura k said...

Thank you (again) for the link.

I think things in the US will get a lot worse before they get better. I don't say that out of some kind of reflexive cynicism. There's no real political opposition. If the Democrats were an opposition party, Bush & Co could have never gone this far. Opposition from the people is hidden behind the media iron curtain. And most people just continue to live in their own world, as long as it's not their kids doing the dying.

Getting out is a good idea. There are other ways to live.

Anyway... thanks for reading. If there's anything I can do on the emigration front, drop me a line.