Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Whose are these?

My clothes don't fit me anymore. Oh, I don't mean they are too small or too big... just wrong. They aren't who I am. I look in my closet in the morning and try to figure out what to put on. Most of it doesn't feel like me. The clothes seem to be a different me. I need a little more funkiness in my clothes. I am a bit more hip and a bit less "buttoned up" than I have been.

I have changed and feel like I am evolving, which feels good and right. But my clothing is not reflective of who I am now. Wish I could afford to go out and overhaul it all. Have never spent much on clothes. It isn't a place in the budget that is in the "need" category, it is in the "want" one. So I try to pull together things that might be okay, and accesorize a bit- belts a bit more hip, scarves, and maybe a cool necklace.

I want to knit something cool too- maybe an icelandic with really cool colors- like maybe the main color a lime green, with accents of ... hmmm- not sure... would need to look at the yarns.

I would love a good new coat, and some great winter boots- the furry kind that everyone else but me seems to have. I love looking through the Gorsuch catalog- but holy smokes- like I have $900-ish for a pair of jeans. or a few grand for a really ultra cool coat. But I do feel like those clothes "fit" me.. just not my budget!!! Yikes! but I can find things for less, and need to hunt diligently.

I also love things from Sundance... including all of the jewelry and more. I think that Sundance does such a good job finding great artisans and showing them due reverence. Things are far more reasonable than the Gorsuch things- those are for people who have more money than they know what to do with. Sundance is definitely not cheap- but good quality, well made, beautiful things, both clothing, jewelry, and housewares.

I did indulge a few years back and got a medium sized hurricance candle holder that I still use so much, and love. I think this year I will be more diligent about checking what they have on sale, and loving what I find and order.

It would be so nice to have only what I really love. I don't need alot of 'things', I just need a few things I absolutely love and enjoy on a regular basis. I much prefer quality over quantity.

2 comments:

Jelly said...

Hi Lindsey! I loved the Sundance jewelry - but sheesh! Expensive! Actually, I browsed through all the rings they had in silver in my size, and they were pretty reasonable. I'm such a sucker for silver. (I just ordered a new ring here the other day!) The necklaces and bracelets, though, were out of my price range for sure!
Nice coat! You could justify the cost of it if you wore it every cool season for the rest of your life! It looks pretty durable! GET IT! hahaha!

lindsey starr said...

Hey Jenn-

wish I could!! but for that price, I could probably fill my closet a little better with many other things that would make me happy too.
maybe when I win the lottery.....

I agree that their things at Sundance are reasonable, especially if you keep an eye on the sale things.
~L