Sunday, October 15, 2006

weekend photos

It was a beautiful fall weekend, and I got the boys out- a school fair on Saturday, a renaissance fair today.
The batteries in my camera died after a few photos- bummer. So, I missed out on taking a bunch of photos of this cool playground that the boys had a blast on. Would love to recreate some of it at our house, especially the climbing web- challenging and easy and fun!

Also, I saw Katia Gordeeva at the school fair, being mom to her little one, who is about emmett's age. Kind of cool to bump into her a few times a year. I have always been enthralled by her, and her skating. She is somehow etherial and so quiet, busy being mom when I have seen her. I did tell her that I have always enjoyed her skating, but left it at that. We each enjoyed the day and being moms....
sunlit cosmos in the school garden

fish printed t-shirts... out to dry

Today at the renaissance fair, Eli and emmett had fun doing knightly things and people watching too. I had never been to one of these. My friend Sheila came too, and she and I were having a blast with the people watching... amazed at the boobs smooshed up and almost out of the garb! I was torn between wanting to photograph these people in their get-ups, and just thoroughly taking it all in. I chose the latter. It was a fun day there, people really get into it. Was also fun to see how nice people were, truly invested in being helpful and friendly to everyone. Interesting to see some social norms put by the wayside too.... saying things to people (not in a bad way, just putting things out there), that, in normal situations, you wouldn't do. Overall, it was a great experience, and we will go again sometime!


emm, Eli, and Sheila... watching the sword fighting... the guy was incredibly entertaining.

jousting... I wanted to be riding with these people....
man that would be fun!!! and I loved the colors of this girl on the horse..... she rode well too!

emmett with Eli..... about to fire the "frog-apult" at a castle...

emmett sword fighting.... he told the guy he could "totally win" (picture it being said with an impish little grin.....


No comments: