Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blogging by Mail- my package out...

This is what I included in my package that I sent all the way to Korea. I chose to spend the extra $4 and make it 4 days guaranteed delivery. Yes, it cost a bunch to ship, but I had fun putting it all together, and imagining how much the recipient would like it all!
I had so much fun packing stuff for my blogging by mail buddy. 89 people participated from all over the globe! I was assigned to Jenn of igot2shoes. She is Canadian, but lives in South Korea, so it was kind of fun trying to figure out what she might miss, and like. I read her blog quite a bit to try to figure out what she might like, and found loads of material to work with.
I also found, as I read her postings, that I love how she just puts stuff out there, and is bold about it. I also enjoy hearing how she reacts to all of the things she encounters in living over there.
I did end up contacting her before sending the package, as I knew it would cost a fortune to send the box, I wanted to make sure I was including anything she was dying for. She said she wanted a surprise, so I indulged her that. I shopped for all sorts of stuff and sent her a large package that was chock full of things that I had fun packing in, and imaging how I would feel if I were her and wanting her to be psyched about opening it and discovering fabulous goodies.
I have now emailed back and forth with my new-found friend, and am so glad it arrived there just about in time for her birthday! and so glad to hear how much she liked it all!

No comments: