Sunday, September 10, 2006

Blogging By Mail

what I received.....

My Blogging By Mail package arrived the other day. It was sent to me by Randi and included a fantastically yummy jar of Orange Rhubarb Ginger Jam, that I am assuming she made.

A foodie event, BBM has 89 participants this time (the first time I have done it) and it is obviously 'round the globe. Fun!

I am still packing up my package to ship off to South Korea. I have been having fun collecting things to send, after reading my recipient's blog and getting to know her a bit. I did contact her to ask a few questions, but she wants a surprise, so I won't post the photo of what I have sent until she receives it....

4 comments:

Jelly said...

Yay! Thank you for being my partner!! I can't wait to see what you've sent (well I can wait, - haha, so shhhh! :))
What's that thing in the back that's "fun shaped?"

lindsey starr said...

You're welcome- hope you like all of the goodies! It is supposed to be there on Wednesday.

The thing in the back is a package of ghost shaped little baking tins- my little one can hardly wait to use them to make "ghost brownies"!

Randi said...

Hi,

Im glad you got the package, I was wondering. I did make the jam. The choc. chips I bought in Canada where I live. The vanilla beans I sent came from my collection. I make my own vanilla extract with some vodka or bourbon. I thought your kids would like the fun shapes. I love the products from the ginger people. I have a great recipe for giant ginger cookies if you're interested. And the magazine is a fav of mine. Glad you enjoyed it.

lindsey starr said...

Hi Randi-

thank you sooo much!! (sorry if I was remiss- I thought I had emailed you already to say that- or posted it on your blog, pretty sure I did)

in any case- I love the jam the best- scrumptious!!! and yes I would love the recipe. I haven't used the vanilla beans yet, but eager to. My 5 year old is dying to make brownies in the tins....

yummy package! Thank you!