Friday, September 22, 2006

shirts off.....

I wear these turtleneck sweaters alot when it is chilly out


It was a moment of selfless abandon.

My little Emmett had been playing with his friend BenA, while I had been chatting with his mom. We walked to our cars, carrying what was left of our lunches. I was carrying some other things too and, while juggling it all, I spilled the sauce from the take out container all down the front of my green turtleneck. Yuck. But, whatever.....we both laughed!

I was just going to be driving home, but it felt really wet and clammy on my skin. I did have a sweater in the back of my car..... so I glanced around at the deserted (except for our boys) playground. There were 2 men playing tennis nearby, but they were very involved in their game. I really didn't care anyway, (never have- as some who have known me for years will attest) so.....

I whipped off my top, reached into the back of my car, and put on the sweater. My friend walked to her car, and then as I reached up to close the back hatch, I looked over past her car, and noticed the guy who was sitting in the back of the pick-up truck... smiling. He had a wonderful view of my parking spot and the back of my SUV.

Apparently there were a bunch of guys working on the pool nearby that I obviously hadn't seen taking their break. Oops.

but I figured, hell, at least he was smiling and not sitting there looking grossed out or horrified!

I smiled back, and went on with my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you haven't changed . . still flashing!! and it was not a "WE" thing, it was ALL you :) they were the good times!