Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cool things lately

some things for fall and more.....
inspiring me lately.....
our house has been more peaceful and content with the onset of fall, and me getting to bed earlier (and therefore up earlier)!

I made a yummy butternut squash gratin with onions and sage, topped with gruyere and panko

getting better at henna


emmett picked out great mums


these pumpkins seemed to be sitting and waiting for something....a local vineyardEli at the start of a corn maze

wildflowers in the wind......
sunflowers with a few random pink flowers in the midst
I thought these were just the thing for when I figure out how to make my banner at the top of my blog

3 comments:

Jelly said...

Lindsey, those are some great pictures - I love the sunflowers! You are really good at the henna! How does it smell?
That might sound like a strange question, but a few years ago a friend of mine made a beautiful design on my hand the day before my birthday. It smelled so spicy, though, it was distracting the next day everytime I lifted a glass to take a drink!

lindsey starr said...

Thanks Jen! Glad you liked the sunflowers- the whole field was huge and soooo beautiful. I'm having fun doing the henna too.

The henna smells different depending on what oils I add in, which is usually tea tree oil, sweet orange oil, and neroli. It isn't too strong, and the scent goes away after the paste has been on for about an hour. I leave the paste on overnight too to get it as dark as possible.

Next time you come back to Canada, I'll drive up to visit and do a henna for you! :)

Jelly said...

Ohhh GREAT!
Henna me up!
The henna my friend used was Indian- and came out quite reddish in colour. It smelled a lot like curry!