Thursday, March 08, 2007

lots of henna


I've been doing a ton of henna in the past week. My friend's church has a world outreach program that, this year, is studying the Berber people of Morocco. They wanted to do henna, and of course she thought of me.... they wanted to serve Moroccan Mint tea also, which I provided too.
We chose 3 designs to do on their hands, and I taught 2 of my friends how to do it. So, we did about 130 people last Sunday, and another 120 or so on Wednesday night. This Sunday we will do another 3 hour stint, so maybe another hundred or so. And we have served about 25 gallons of tea using little 2 ounce cups! yikes!
lots of work, but fun, and good experience. Have been handing out alot of business cards too.

Then I also did this one on my friend Megan the other night. After it was dry, she wrapped it in t.p., and held onto her warm mug of tea. It came out fabulously dark, and looks great.

No comments: