Monday, March 05, 2007

minivan. I liked!?!


okay, I admit. I liked it. I didn't want to though. it's a minivan. My car was in being fixed (from the wrecked part a few weeks ago). They gave me a minivan to use while my Pilot was in the shop for 4 days. So it was long enough to really get a feel for having this vehicle.

A friend of mine, a while back, told me of an article that described people who owned minivans versus those who had SUVs. The sociologist in me was intrigued by this, but insisted on loving my SUV. and mine isn't a huge-a-mundo one. I do love it, for many reasons. One is that it looks like a car, and I don't feel like I am "mommy " all the time driving it. I can feel like "Lindsey" when I am without my kids, which is something I really need right now.

But..... I did really like using the minivan, even though I didn't want to like it. It fit all of the ski gear so easily, and same with the groceries. My Pilot fits it all too, but this one had a low and cavernous area for it all. And each of the kids had their own bucket seat, their own automatic closing door, etc. They loved it. Lots of little conveniences. Emmett wants to have it back, now that we have my car back from the shop, and all fixed. Oh well.

No comments: