Saturday, March 10, 2007

oy! the desk! ('n Howie)

me and 'Howie'
summer 1989


I am in the process of cleaning my desk off- how the heck does it get so messy!? except that, yes, it is in the middle of our living space, and it just seems to be a natural place to set things down, including all sorts of papers that I need to get to, but don't. things to file, things to pay, things to deal with, etc....

I am starting a business class and will have a ton of work to do, and will need a good space, and need to organize the home space, as I will have less time to spend on it.
Okay, reality too is that I have been avoiding it and it has piled up and it is horrid. I hate it, but feel somehow overwhelmed by it, and can't figure out how to deal with it. So I have asked my friend Liz to help me. Liz Felter was a camper at Four Winds when I first was a counselor there. We have just reconnected, as she is a professional organizer, and connected when she did some work for my mom. So now, I need her. Help!!!

I love going through all of the stuff though, as I love being organized (I can organize other people, just not me!). I am finding all sorts of things as I get ready for her to come help.

I found these old photos of me and Holland (then she was "Howie"). She is in college now though, so yeah, this is old. My hair was short then, and it was summertime and we were at a horse show. I have great photos of her from then. Lots of old black and whites.

No comments: